About this job
KAB Laboratories, Inc. (http://kablab.com) is seeking an information security engineer with 5-15 years of experience for our Washington D.C. office. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment – read on!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Writes or evaluates SSAAs or other security policies.
- Develops risk assessments-based on DoD 8500.2 IA controls
- Documents vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies in plan of action and milestones (POA&M) listings
- Performs, interprets, and reports vulnerability assessments
- Develops C&A documentation based on DoD 8500 series, ICD 503 and DCID 6/3
- Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined area
- Contributes to the development of team's goals and objectives
- Ensures project schedules and performance requirements are met
- Frequently interacts with customers and functional peer groups
- SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Ability to obtain a United States DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related discipline and two years related C&A experience. More than seven years of C&A experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and following DoD, IC and DoN IA regulations and policies.
- Experience with writing SSAAs or other security policies.
- Experience in developing risk assessments-based on DoD 8500.2 IA controls
- Experience in documenting vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies in plan of action and milestones (POA&M) listings
- Knowledge of FISMA
- Experience with performing, interpreting, and reporting vulnerability assessments
- Knowledge of DoD 8500 series, ICD 503 and DCID 6/3
- Ability to become DoD 8570 certification compliant within 6 months of employment
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- DoD 8570 Certifications, including CISM, CISSP, or Security+
- TS/SCI clearance.
KAB Laboratories offers an outstanding benefits program including a generous leave allowance; medical, dental, vision, and other insurance benefits; a 401K plan; employee ownership; flexible working hours; and tuition reimbursement. The benefits program reflects our emphasis on our employees and is one of the best in the industry.
KAB Laboratories is a San Diego based veteran-owned business dedicated to supporting the United States Government with superior engineering and services. We are a company of world-class engineers and intelligence professionals who actively partner with clients, understand their operational needs, and deliver exceptional products and services.
KAB Laboratories, Inc. and its parent company, Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc., are proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, M/F/D/V.